Business Development Manager
Weavr is an Embedded Banking SaaS platform that provides everything digital innovators need to build and run perfect-fit payments solutions for their applications.
Digital businesses within services sectors like Leisure and Travel, Education, Healthcare, Real Estate and Logistics, collectively generate annual transaction volumes of $2.1 trillion with a growth of 17% per annum. They need ever more powerful payment capabilities but find it hard to choose, buy and implement the right combination of payment services to deliver the solutions they need.
Weavr makes it easy and quick for these businesses to achieve the seamless payment experiences that their customers now expect. Companies of any size, from startups to large corporates, can benefit from Weavr’s approach, and to cater for all of these, we have created Starter, Business and Enterprise offerings.
Why Join Weavr
This role is an opportunity to join a successful serial founder team at the point where it has just raised funding from leading VCs associated with Fintech and the Digital Ecosystem: Anthemis, QED Investors and Seedcamp. We are now just starting on the next step of the journey: delivering product-market fit in specific market segments within Europe before we scale in these markets and extend to other markets and geographies.
By joining now, you will be at the start of an exciting journey that will be tough, but where you will have considerable influence and an opportunity for high rewards.
Your job, as Business Development Manager, will be to sign up qualifying prospects to the Weavr Business or Enterprise offerings, and to deliver repeatable, sustainable revenues as a result.
Here’s more detail on what you would be doing:
- Creating opportunities, through direct prospecting and qualifying leads generated from marketing activities and connecting with self-service customers who are showing promise.
- Running an enterprise sales process – identifying and engaging with the relevant stakeholders on the customer side and interfacing with the relevant internal functions: product, technology, compliance, etc to qualify and steer deals through the sales process.
- Actively engaging in online and offline industry events and forums to engage with prospective customers, decision makers and influencers.
- Supporting the Weavr brand and competitive positioning by becoming a trusted expert on payments to innovators and providing constructive and insightful input from the front-line to help colleagues in marketing strategy and product development be more effective in delivering customer value.
- Help develop the sales strategy, process and forecasting, supporting the CEO in building our internal sales and revenue generation operations from lead sourcing to customer success.
- There will be scope to grow the role into a leadership position as Weavr continues to scale
Early stage businesses like Weavr need resourceful, intelligent and high-energy people who are flexible at doing what needs to be done – from thinking about strategy to setting up the booth at an exhibition.
- Held B2B Sales and Business Development roles for at least 3 years with a track record of delivering strong performance.
- A consultative sales approach, with ability to understand customer needs, direct towards solutions and address objections.
- Strong verbal and written communications (at least in English) and presentation skills.
- Relevant industry knowledge & experience: payments, fintech, B2B, SaaS.
- Experience selling to relevant target customer types: digital businesses, fintechs, e-services businesses
- Graduate degree or equivalent
- Experience selling technology, payments and/or B2B SaaS products.
- Experience with sales tools like LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Sales CRM and pipeline management tools, social media etc
Place of Work
Presently our team is concentrated around London and Malta but we expect to have presence in other capitals in Europe. We often work remotely but have face to face meetings from time to time. As long as you have access to good quality broadband, a strong remote work ethic, able to work during European working times, and can easily travel to European capitals (where we’re most likely to meet in person), then you can be based wherever.
Your remuneration package will depend on your experience, but will include a base salary, commission and stock options. Health insurance will also be provided.
We are unashamedly geeky. We prefer smart to big. We don’t see borders and barriers, we see connections and bridges. We are dedicated to helping ‘makers’ or all size or stripe succeed. The community of makers that we’re empowering is big and diverse, so there’s place for all types in our team – but it’s a team. What matters are our values: create value through simplification, be accessible and collaborative, and be open to change. That’s as true of our products as it is of how we work.
Commitment to diversity & inclusion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability. We are a diverse and inclusive team and we actively seek to recruit people with different backgrounds and experiences.
We are not currently looking for additional support on this role. Kindly do not send us any unsolicited CVs.
- Business Development